About Breac Reviews:
Breac Reviews aspires to compile a digital archive of reviews covering the best academic and creative work in Irish Studies. These interdisciplinary reviews survey a wide array of texts, events, exhibits, digital projects, and more, offering insightful evaluations that enhance and expand our understanding of the field.
While we do not accept unsolicited reviews, we are eager to match interested reviewers with new materials as they arise. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer for Breac Reviews, please fill out this online form so that we can match you with material suitable to your strengths.
If you would like to have your book, event, exhibit, or digital project reviewed, or if you have general inquiries, please contact the Senior Reviews Editors, Julie McCormick Weng and Jessica Kim, at Reviews@Breac.org.
Submission Guidelines for Reviews:
We offer contributors freedom to develop their reviews as they think best with the following guidelines to keep in mind:
- Breac Reviews aims to offer timely reviews of assigned materials. As such, each review should be returned to the editors no later than three months after the assignment of the review.
- Please make any references to other materials in general terms within the body of your review. If you are quoting from other sources, please make sure the source of the quote is clearly identified (author/title) in the body of the review.
- Please provide a short (2-4 word) title for your review. Underneath, include your name as you would like it to appear in the publication. After this information, include a bibliographical entry in the following format:
author (or editor). title. city of publication: publisher, year, number of pages.
- Strong reviews focus on providing an account of the book or event, etc., as a whole rather than a single chapter or section. Following this model, we suggest beginning reviews with an overall characterization of the piece covered.
- All of our reviews offer more than summaries; they provide insightful and supported critiques that spur on learning and scholarly dialogue.
- Our reviews typically fall between 1000 and 1500 words. If reviewers believe their submission requires a longer assessment, they should contact the editors with their request.
- Please submit reviews by email attachment as a .docx file to the editors at Reviews@Breac.org.